Sunday 12 June 2011

Ron Gonnella: Burns Night (1977)





Ron Gonnella: Burns Night (1977)

The eighteenth century Scottish poet Robert Burns loved fiddle music and composed many songs to Scots fiddle tunes. Ron Gonnella has compiled a collection of the original tunes which Burns used and presents them in his usual exquisite way.

01 Bonnie Wee Thing/Comin' Through the Rye/It Was Upon a Lammas Night
02 O, Wert Thou In the Cauld Blast/Here's to thy Health/My Love She's But a Lassie Yet
03 Awa' Wi' Your Witchcraft o' Beauty's Alarms/Last May a Braw Wooer/Over the Seas and Far Away
04 I Am My Mammy's Ae Bairn/Killiecrankie/O How Can I Be Blythe and Glad
05 Ay Waukin O
06 Does the Haughty Gaul Invasion Threaten/I Gaed a Waefu Gate Yestreen/On Cessnock Bank
07 Phillis the Fair/Duncan Davidson/Duncan Gray Cam' Here to Woo
08 My Love Is Like a Red, Red, Rose/Ca' the Ewes to the Knowes/Sir John Cope Trode
09 John Anderson My Jo/Green Grow the Rashes O/Willie Brewed a Peck o' Maut
10 My Wife's a Winsome Wee Thing/O Kenmure's On and Awa Willie
11 O' A' the Airts the Wind Can Blow/Saw Ye Bonnie Lesley/First When Maggie Was My Care
12 Flow Gently Sweet Afton
13 There Was a Lass and She Was Fair/Lovely Polly Stewart/The Joyful Widower
14 A Man's a Man For A' That/The Farewell/Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot

Doonload

3 comments:

  1. Terrific! Thanks mate, I Just need the haggis, neeps and tatties and I've got myself a party. Ron G has to be one of the all time greats with the fiddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, some grand music here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. many thanks for your wonderful records !

    ReplyDelete